Since its formation in September of 2003, Christian Women’s Job Corps of McLennan County has helped equip women in Waco and surrounding areas with both job training and life skills. Through a six month long mentorship and an education program, we have encouraged women to be self-confident, self-sufficient, and productive while developing meaningful relationships.
Over 65 percent of our graduates are now employed and/or are continuing their education. Graduates have been hired by companies such as Spenco, NuTone Cleaners, The Freeman Center, Baylor University, McDonald’s, Auto Zone, Visiting Angels, Day Care Center, Walgreen’s, Providence Health Center, EMSI, Wal-Mart, Drug Emporium, E-Z Pawn, Cargill, Phoenix Health Care, Dealer’s Electric, Mardel, Festive Occasions, Murphy USA, Souper Salad, Americorps, Second Chance and SOS Telemarketing. Some of our graduates are continuing their education at McLennan Community College or Texas State Technical College. One recent graduate received the President’s Scholarship at MCC.
The ministry of CWJC makes a significant difference in the lives of women and McLennan County families. We have seen God work in many ways:
- Women are developing self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Women are becoming devoted mothers, loving wives, and dependable employees.
- Families and future generations are changing, and the community is improving.
- On a yearly basis volunteers contribute over 5,000 hours as teachers, mentors, lunch providers, prayer warriors, encouragers, community resources, and mock interviewers.
- People from more than 150 churches, businesses, and organizations throughout the community have participated in the success of our program.
The miracles that God performs in our women at CWJC go far beyond the job market.
We invite you to make an investment in women’s lives through a one-time donation or a monthly pledge. We appreciate your gift and your confidence in CWJC and will continue to be good stewards of God’s blessings. Join us as a partner in the miracles God is performing!